Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Völva

And on the dock, there was water up to my

ankles. I could feel the dock slowly giving

weigh underneath my weight. The water was warm.

It was winter, this intruiged me. The only other

sign of movement was the clouds wisping by in

the crisp, gentle breeze. The dock collapsed,

but I did not fall, rather, slowly sank into

...the water. Even as I was submerged I could

still take a breath, and as I looked ahead I

saw...it.

It was like a bright speck of light, almost like

a flashlight, but smaller and much more defined.

It began as white with a swirl of pink, as that

of the petals of a carnation. It began to change

colors, turning into a bluish tone almost

dissapearing among the waters of the lake. I

felt a chill run down my spine, as the hairs

stood up all over my body. At this point I

noticed I wasn't wet, in fact I felt as dry as

one would walking through the deserts of the

southwest.

My attention was quickly snatched back up by the

light which was now dimming. It continued to dim

until it was darker than the light shimmering

among the waters. Even then, it kept dimming to

what I can only describe as negative light. Then

it stayed steady as it started to grow in size.

It grew larger and larger until it was as big as

I was. I then started to sink even deeper into

the water. I kept my focus on the object. It

began to form into a human like shape, but

resembling a snake. It looked down at me as

I touched the bottom. In an instant it shot down

to where its face was nearly touching mine. It

had eyes like those of a cat, barely open, but

even then I could sense that whatever it was, it

was staring deep into my soul, something that

I'd never felt before. This brought me down to a

depressing level. The dark grimy color of the

water reflected my emotions. Barely any light

was coming through from above. Then the face of

this thing, started to rip open horizontally

like a rift in the earth, and I could see it was

the mouth of the morbid creature. It was

smiling; and its teeth were whiter than the

purest of salt, so white they were almost

transparent. The light coming off of its smile

was intense and lit up the entire floor of the

lake. I then looked to my sides and realized I

was surrounded by dark figures all of a humanoid

shape standing at the bottom of the lake. As the

light spread I could see they all looked like copies

of me, and they were all staring at me with the same

eyes as the beast. The beast then caught my attention. I

looked back at it, almost blinded by the light

coming from its smile. This smile did not make

me feel any less depressed and its eyes were

still staring into my soul. It opened its mouth

and took a breath. It uttered one word, one word

that would change my entire being: "Ragnarok"

I then began to choke on the water. I could no

longer breath and was suffocating.

The ground began to shake and everything around

me fell to pieces. All of the copies of myself

fell into a pit with no visible end. The beast

shrank back out of the water and dissappeared.

The ground under my feet stood firm and I

watched as all my dopplegangers fell screaming

to their deaths and I felt the pain of everyone

of them as lava shot up to engulf them. All the

water had dissapeared, the landscape had morphed,

and as far as the eye could see it was a barren

grey wasteland with geysers of fire spewing up

from the pit. Then from afar, after the pain

had subsided, a man on a horse came galloping

towards me. He wasn't touching the ground he

somewhat floated over the pit at my level.

Then I could see, he had the face of a skeleton

and his horse was all bone. He held a scythe in

one hand and as he came closer he held it out as

if to kill me. I felt the cold metal blade touch

the skin of my neck and then I awoke. I realized

I just had the most life changing vivid dream

anyone could have. I was sitting in a pool of my own cold sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment