Sunday, June 6, 2010

Ontological Paradox

"Because of the possibility of influencing the past while time traveling, one way of explaining why history does not change is by saying that whatever has happened was meant to happen. A time traveler attempting to alter the past in this model, intentionally or not, would only be fulfilling his role in creating history, not changing it."
I recently watched Donnie Darko again. I highly recommend it and it's a great movie, but I digress. This movie is basically an animated model of the ontological paradox. The passage above explains just a clip of the entire concept named the Novikov self-consistency principle. So you don't fall into an alternate dimension once you change the past but before you change the past it would have been pre determined but a higher power. It has helped me to explain to myself atleast my ideas of time travel. Not to brag, but I basically came up with(realized) the Ontological paradox on my own before I even knew it existed. If you go back and read some of my blogs on my ideals on time travel and parallel universes and the sort and then basically summarize all that you get the Ontological paradox haha so its more or less a proof of my theory or vice versa. Anyways it basically states that there is a paradox when sending something back in time to yourself occurs because then the past you gets to the same point and sends the item back in time again and so on that was a less than impressive explanation but if you would like to read more you can read the whole idea and examples here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontological_paradox
Yes I know wikipedia o no its the devil. Whatever who would want to input incorrect information into a page as boring as the ontological paradox anyways?
Sincerely,
Alan Cohol
(Just call me Al)

No comments:

Post a Comment