Thursday, June 24, 2010

I have recently decided that by definition I am a weak agnostic thiest. Now what that means is that I think there is not a way to prove tht there is a god or not but there could b one day and also that while I believe that I also believe that there is a god just not necessarily the god everyone talks abt. I love to study the bible and read into it's specifics but I've found I don't quite believe all ofthos specifics I also just don't like how specific religion can get anyways. I am not religious never really was and so I've decided if I must title my beliefs it would be agnostic thiest. I believe there is a god because I hve felt its presence and it has helped me out every now and then. I find it strange to "love" a diety for it is not a human but a spirit tho I do have great respect for the unnamed diety that we call "god" which is a name stolen from older ancient religions. All the holidays we relate to christianity are false an are as much lies as the symbols we represent them with as fanciful lies to our children such as Santa and the Easter bunny. It is much better to be sure in your beliefs by saying you can't be sure than to have faith in something that seems only stolen from all other ancient religions which had much more zealous followers. That is all I jut thought I should let you know. And one last thing this does not mean I'm athiest athiesm is a stupid hopeless belief that I disagree with fully because it is just as unprovable as any religion plus it would b so discouraging knowing that everyday you are living is for no purpose and when you die you will just sit there and rot that's sad and would b extremely discouraging to me so with that said I'm off.
Sincerely,
the man with the plan
PS. Always remember if you are wrong about there being a god then you lose nothing, but if you are wrong about there not being a god then you lose everything. Yes I still believe in some sort of heaven and some sort of hell since it's mentioned in like every religion ever an hell is not a pleasant place so Ima try to stay out of it.

1 comment:

  1. Pascals wager is one of the weakest ways to argue theism, so dont use it at college

    and atheism not discouraging to everyone, you know. Because to most intellectual people, it makes perfect sense. Its like realizing youve been brainwashed your whole life and finally coming out of that delusion that there are controlling entities that one can form interpersonal relationships with.. It's ridiculous, and suddenly everyone who believes it becomes ridiculous

    im not saying this for an argument. im just giving you the other point of view.. thats what an atheist would tell you

    ReplyDelete